Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Slides! Thanks John!

A package of slides arrived today from John, and I haven't been this excited about mail since Annette sent me some pictures to scan back in September. Did I mention that I love getting surprise packages with family history to digitize?

These slides are just like the ones Joe, Susan, and Ellen had in their binders. With just a quick glance at some I can see they are from the same rolls of film as the other slides. It is great to see these rolls of film fleshed out with each new package of material. If anyone else knows of a cache of slides or negatives laying around, send them my way and I will scan and return them with a CD/DVD of the scans.

The suspense of what I might find was killing me, so I scanned the oldest slide I could find, which is a picture developed in March 1961 of John and Susan. Enjoy!


UPDATE

Susan writes in the comments:
the story that always went with this picture was that John was saying "let's name her suzy" However, I clearly remember John saying "get me some ketchup"
Thanks for clearing that up, Susan! You have quite the memory.

1 comment:

  1. the story that always went with this picture was that John was saying "let's name her suzy" However, I clearly remember John saying "get me some ketchup"

    ReplyDelete