Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Today is Grandma's 89th birthday! I spoke with her on the phone this evening, and she was in very good spirits. I guess the party was a lot of fun. I wish I could have attended, but Susan posted pictures on her blog, so that helps. Thanks, Susan!

I told Grandma that I wanted to post the only portrait of her I could find, and she knew exactly which picture I was talking about. She thinks it may be the only early portrait of her that exists. Apparently, when she was younger she did not have portraits taken. Grandma said this picture is from the year Tom was born (1944) and is the companion to Grandpa's military portrait, which we posted several days ago for Veteran's Day. I am posting both of them here because, even though they were apart when the pictures were taken, Grandma and Grandpa sure do look great together!




It is difficult to see on Grandpa's picture, but in the bottom right corner he wrote, "All My Love, Darling. Howard." We love you too, Grandma! Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment