Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Equipment and Software

The equipment I use is as follows:
  • A Fuji S6000FD digital camera, which is discontinued;
  • An Epson 2480 Photo flatbed scanner, which is also discontinued; and
  • A Nikon Coolscan V dedicated 35 mm film/slide scanner, again discontinued.
It is not terribly high tech, but it works well for my purposes. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, which I hope to document.

The software I use is as follows:
  • Photoshop Elements 5.0 for photo editing;
  • Nikon Scan 4.0 for the Coolscan;
  • MS Word or even WordPerfect (yes, WordPerfect) for page layouts and PDF saves; and
  • PDFCreator or other PDF print drivers for PDF saves.
This software basically came with the equipment I purchased, or was purchased for other uses, or is available (in the case of the print drivers) for free, legal download. Basically, I have used the tools available to me to do the best job I can preserving the family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment