Monday, September 21, 2009

Mystery Picture 090921

Do you know anything about these pictures? Tell me!
I think I see Grandpa in several pictures; who else is there and what is going on? It sure looks like fun!

UPDATE

Grandpa told Susan the story behind these pictures, which she related in the comments:

"These pictures are of when he [Grandpa], as a graduate student, was on field trip with his beloved professor, Dr. Burt Harrison of BYU, about 1948. He can't remember details of where they went. But he sure did love that professor of his!"

I wonder what classes Grandpa took from Dr. Harrison? These pictures are from an album.

2 comments:

  1. These photo's presented a huge mystery. I spent a lot of time here, looking and describing the details. Finally it came to G-pa. It was after I enlarged the last picture big enough to confirm that the gentleman eating, indeed had a mustache. These pictures are of when he, as a graduate student, was on field trip with his beloved professor, Dr. Burt Harrison of BYU, about 1948. He can't remember details of where they went. But he sure did love that professor of his!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a side note Rob, As you post the mystery pictures, perhaps you could also inform as to whether the picture is a slide (glass or otherwise) or if it is photograph. I think that will help grandpa in his memories.
    I wish you were here with me as we go through these pictures. I know he is enjoying every minute of it and you would too!

    ReplyDelete